Most everyone is concerned about looking their best. That is why the diet and fitness market has been booming over the last thirty years. When a person attempts to diet and exercise, the belly area is often the most difficult to tame. A fatty belly can cause a person to look heavier than they actually are and make them feel self-conscious. It is important a person eats the right diet and avoids these foods which are known to increase belly fat.
- Soda is one of the biggest culprits when it comes to causing increased belly fat. Soda contains large amounts of sugar and can easily pack on the pounds. Instead of reaching for a sugary drink to satiate thirst, it is important to choose water. Water has zero calories and is ideal for taking care of thirst.
- Alcoholic beverages should also be avoided when a person is attempting to reduce the size of their belly. The phrase “beer belly” was created for good reason. Drinking alcohol on a regular basis is a good way to increase belly size, and it is often difficult to overcome.
- Pasta, bread, and pastries are full of carbohydrates that are known to cause belly fat. Although these foods can be enjoyed on an infrequent basis, they should never be eaten daily, or they can cause increased weight gain.
- Fried foods are extremely high in fat and can pack on the weight, especially in the belly area. Foods that are high in fat should be eliminated from the diet as much as possible so excess belly fat can be avoided.
- A high sodium diet can pack on large amounts of weight due to increased water storage. Swelling will often occur in the belly area and in the extremities. Salt should be drastically limited when a person is trying to lose weight.
When attempting to lose weight, make sure you don’t eat these foods that increase your belly fat. Avoiding these foods and eating a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables will allow you to be successful in getting rid of stubborn belly fat and improving your body.